Peanuts, Roasted With Skins
Available in 1/2 pound, 1 pound and 2 pound options. Product will ship in a compostable paper bag.
Redskin Virginia Peanuts
Benefits of the Red Skin
Whether you are someone who likes to eat peanuts with or without the skin in place, you will still get a lot of nutritional value from the snack. However, when you eat the skin, there is some added nutrition that you can benefit from if you do start eating the skins with the peanuts. These are just some of the nutrients contained in the red skin:
- 17% oil - This natural oil is great for your body and can help keep you healthy. It supports healthy skin, hair and nails. It also helps to boost immunity.
- Fatty acids - Fatty acids are good for brain development, regulating blood pressure, and helping to strengthen the immune system.
- High in fiber - Fiber is great for your body because it helps keep you regular. It can also lower cholesterol levels and help in controlling blood sugar levels. It has also shown to help with losing weight.
- Contains resveratrol - This is the same antioxidant that is in red wine. It is antimicrobial and has shown to lower blood sugar. It may even be a key component to fighting cancer.
- Added antioxidants - A study in 2009 has shown that peanuts that have been roasted with the skin have an increased amount of antioxidants.
These Redskin Virginia Peanuts are OU Kosher Certified and Non-GMO Project Verified.